Harvey has decades of experience operating as a General Contractor and in lump-sum bidding situations. On these types of projects, we are engaged after the pre-construction phase is complete and a full set of plans has been developed. Using the plans developed by the architect and engineers, we can develop a bid that outlines all services, costs and expenses involved in the construction project.
The dynamics of the construction industry have shifted in the past 20 years. Where General Contracting used to account for a majority of industry bids, we now see more clients moving toward Construction Management.
Harvey is successful at delivering lump-sum-bid contracts because…
- We are skilled at managing schedules and completion dates
- We have instituted strong accounting and financial management systems
- We have expertise in leveraging in market cooperation from local substitute workforce
- We stay ahead of the project — see challenges and proactively develop solutions
- We manage risk and help you avoid common project pitfalls